Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Feb 6 22:18:37 2006

Sorry Marc, but this is not funny anymore. You are obviously an
intelligent and educated man. I therefore refuse to believe that you are
unable to understand the relatively simple advice being dispensed here.
You are just having a laugh at the expense of several people who
actually took time to write serious responses.

So, here is advice as Ted might dispense it:

1) Buy printer
2) Open box
3) Ignore the manual
4) Look at the "getting started" sheet
5) Connect printer to computer and an electric outlet and install any
software, as described in the step-by-step instructions on the "getting
started" sheet; don't forget to load paper
6) Open your favorite image in your favorite image-processing
program--if you don't have one, the new printer likely came with
Photoshop LE or some such
7) Print

Forget RIP, rasters, profiles. Just print. If you don't like the
results, then you can either learn a bit more about the technology or,
if you are not so inclined, junk the printer and outsource your printing
to a lab.

Nathan