Subject: [Leica] Xpan solutions, problems
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Tue Feb 7 04:29:56 2006

I print Black and White with XPAN exposed negatives. It is easy to do.
I bought a 4x5 negative carrier and cut a slightly larger mask than the
negative and taped it into the negative carrier. I did the same with my
6x12 negatives.

I know one friend who scans his XPAN negatives with an Imacon 646. He
gets excellent results. I have thought of buying the Epson 4990. It's
20 times cheaper than the Imacon, but reviews show you get something
more for the extra cash, but I'm not sure the 4990 will scan my
panoramics and if doesn't, it's a waste of money. In that case, I'll
stick to the darkroom.

Doug