Subject: [Leica] Lower 9th Ward - Another 20 images
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Feb 8 20:22:51 2006

Remarkable. I like the crumpled car shot. There's another sole
car shot in your series that I also like. And I'm not even a car
guy :-)

Excepting restoring basic utility services and some cleanup, I
just don't see how the government (local, state, fed) is going to
take on the task of rebuilding - and I'm a liberal Dem. I mean,
from your pictures, it looks like starting from scratch.

Maybe getting residents nearer to their property with some
temp trailer housing and teach them all how to do Amish style
"barn raisings" together to rebuild their homes. But then, alot
of folks live hand to mouth, so where would they work? Who
the hell knows. I certainly don't.

Lovely work. So straight and stark and sad.

Scott