Subject: [Leica] Trademark Defamation and Street/Urban photography
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 9 10:10:59 2006

At 12:39 PM 2/9/2006, you wrote:
>I haven't dug into this further, but it's worth reading
>
>http://www.stockphotographer.info/content/view/94/99/

This part is not quite true:

"As of this time, I do not see evidence of photographers'
organizations reacting to H.R. 683.  I suspect that is due to one of
two reasons.  Either I got it dead wrong, or they did not consider a
worst-case scenario like pseudo defamation lawsuits by trademark
owners. If you are a member of a photographers' organization, you
might want to direct them to this article. If they disagree with me
and convince me that I am dead wrong, I'll actually feel relieved."

ASMP and EP have both been sending e-mails urging their members to
contact their senators to oppose H.R. 683.  I've written to both of
mine.  We don't need any more restrictions on what we can photograph!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from tim at kairosphoto.com (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Trademark Defamation and Street/Urban photography)