Subject: [Leica] OT Scanning b&w negs - VueScan or Silverline?
From: helvetar at hispeed.ch (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Feb 10 11:37:24 2006

I am actually batch-scanning more than 100 rolls of b&w negs through my
Mediax 3600pro; Ilford, Kodak, Fuji and Tura, from 50 to 3200 ISO.

I use the scanning software Silverfast AI 6.2 which seems rather impractical
to me. The comparisonsn and reviews I found in the web tend more to Vuescan.

I remember several LUGgers mentioned VueScan would be more powerful for b&w
negs. Has anybody compared both? Every advice is appreciated.
TIA

Didier