Subject: [Leica] met on the road
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Feb 10 13:01:46 2006

Hi Ted:

> For what it's worth and as ridiculous as this is telling a lawyer how to
> do
> it, but.

It's never ridiculous telling *this* lawyer how to do something; people
are telling me how to do things all the time!

> How be you knock off prints of those you have, drop them off to the super
> honcho of the bank explaining you're doing a series on Buffalo's and you'd
> like to photograph the one in his bank.  And would like to include it in
> the
> series.

Your point is well made and gratefully taken, but it just chaps my a**
to have to observe there no longer is such a thing as a 'super honcho'
in this bank.  It is the in-the-center-of-downtown branch of the largest
bank in America and there literally is no one there with any authority
to do much of anything any more.  And this sort of thing seems to be
spreading everywhere you look.

Further, I don't want to have to go to the trouble of banging out a
bunch of prints just to get around some third grade educated security guard.

But the good thing is the tellers know me so if a guard gives me trouble
I really expect they'll tell him to mind his own business and that'll be
that. The rent-a-cops should know better then to mess with those
ladies.....but it's their attitude that ruins my day.

And in that connection for those who are interested (and who don't mind
wading through an ad or two first) there is an article in salon.com
today by an ex-pilot now journalist and his frustration in trying to
photograph public areas of airports for gosh sake. This will sound
familiar to LUGers.

http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/2006/02/10/askthepilot173/

[rant off]

Thanks for your thoughts.