Subject: [Leica] February so far
From: vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Mon Feb 13 08:49:01 2006

Posted four new pix today. First two are from my local coffee house jazz
night last week. The lighting comes from a string of six tiny halogen lights
on the ceiling mostly aimed at the dark walls. Dark. I have shot Tmax3200
and TriX at 800 there in the past, this attempt is with TriX at 1600 with
two new-to-me processing routines, in HC110. The results are pretty
full-range with nice tight grain.On Soprano, whatever the virtues of the
image, http://gallery.leica-users.org/album343/Soprano
 I can see the music, the watch face, and the highlights are not washed out.
The photo of the band
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album343/Kiskadee has some washed out
highlights on the bass player's shoulder, but quite good shadow detail,
which I was not able to maintain in the scan.

Then there is another (grand)kid picture, Tx at 400,
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album343/Muse3
and a studio Valentine's Day job,
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album343/Studioww , Tx at 200, latter 4x5

All scans from prints. Any reaction gratefully accepted.

bill h

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] February so far)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] February so far)