Subject: [Leica] Ericspaw Week 5 and 6
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Feb 15 01:39:44 2006

Eric,
I just took another look too,. My first impression of the electrician
was that he was sitting playing a fiddle (his pose) which could have
made it a little more interesting. Enlarging it showed he wasn't -
compared with (most) of the other shots here, this picture is just an
also-ran for me. The lakeside feels cold and uninviting, the former CTA
building is well composed but doesn't say much to me either, the group
of trees I like very much, even though it has a very desolate
atmosphere. The Labrador driving is amusing, Reckless Records (inside)
is interesting for me because I love spending hours in s/h record shops
, you caught the typical atmosphere so well  that I can nearly smell the
shop, when I lived in London (early 1970's, I used to spend about 2
hours every Saturday in shops like that, one of the cheapest and most
entertaining pastimes in London, even in the seventies, though when I
think that the rarities he's selling now were fresh of the presses then
it certainly makes me feel my age.
 BTW, what's the difference between the MFL vinyl and the WB vinyl
version -which (on my Planar 6) is a bl--dy good recording.
Unfortunately, the shot outside the store loses something because I can
hardly discern the name on the record store sign, maybe a little
selective PS tweaking could add some contrast/brightness there.
The "don't annoy the fish" is a good 'un.But I'm not quite sure whether
it wouldn't have been better in colour.
Sorry for having been so critical.
Cheers
Douglas