Subject: [Leica] digital or analogue
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed Feb 15 05:07:38 2006

Hi Douglas,
Sound is converted by movement of a finite number of
tiny hairs in our cochlea. The signal received by our
brain is therefore digital (or maybe quantised is the
correct term? what is the difference?). I suppose one
could say that since everything is quantised it can be
digitally represented, even if the sampling frequency
is random.
Frank