Subject: [Leica] Portable tripods Suggestions - Bogen Manfrotto prefered
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Feb 15 11:03:21 2006

That's a very good question. Small and light is key to me, because, as I've
mentioned before, I have Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome,
and carrying around just about anything is a big PITA for me. As I'm not
working due to CFIDS, cost is also an issue for me.

With an Acratech ballhead and the camera mounted, I'm likely to get
something like 7-8" more height (I need to measure). I don't know about the
RRS small ballhead.  I'm 5' 11" or so, so there would still be a bit of
stooping involved. The question is whether or not this will be tolerable.

I'd love to have the complete setup available at a retail store for
evaluation,
but that's pretty unlikely here in Wash, DC. :-(

More to think about.

Scott