Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Feb 20 14:17:52 2006

Hey, a lowly Epson C86 or R200 will print nicely and not
"poop out" with MIS inks and appropriate care.

I'm sick, and have been super lax on "appropriate care" which
means generally doing a nozzle check or making a print at least
once per week.

I find that even my 2200 after some weeks/months of neglect
needs a nozzle cleaning (magenta for some reason). But at least
a cleaning cylce with the Epson inks seems to clear things up.

The carbon B&W inks seem to be much harder on the printers,
and even a few cleaning cycles might not clear things up :-(

I *LUST* to have access to a wet darkroom and a master printer
to give me personal instruction. But I have neither the energy nor
the funds at this point to satisfy my lust.  Scanning and digital
printing will have to suffice for me for the time being.

Scott