Subject: [Leica] HCB - left-eyed?
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Feb 20 16:16:11 2006

That reminds me of something that happened to one of the Tropical Medicine
professors where I attended grad school. Back in the 40's or 50's, he lived
in a state that decided that it was wrong for left-handers to use their left
hand. So their legislature passed a law that said children all had to write
with their right hand. He was a southpaw, and when they forced him to switch
to his right hand, (1) he could write fine, but it was a mirror image of
what it should have been, and (2) he started stuttering and stammering so
much, he lost his ability to talk coherently. I think this was in Kentucky
or Tennessee.

Nowadays, any student who doesn't do well is said to have
attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. And labeling them with that does
them very little good.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com