Subject: [Leica] speculation
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Tue Feb 21 20:32:10 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Don Dory wrote:

> Brad,
> Most of the fireworks came out last night about 11:00PM.  For new
> products
> it is going to be a ho-hum sort of show.

Looks like it. dpreview.com reports a Canon 30D (not to be confused
with a D30), essentially an incremental upgrade to the 20D. Also a
constant-aperture f2.8 17-55mm EF-S zoom. Not much else caught my
interest, anyway.

> Photokina will be interesting
> perhaps.

Let's hope so. I don't know, given the trouble people have had with
the very expensive DMR, whether I should hold out for a digital M, or
just cave and get the 5D. The Canon DSLRs I've had and have seem
completely reliable, and the true full-frame sensor is appealing. On
the other hand, I love Ms, rangefinders, and I have a lot of superb
glass sitting in cases.

Sigh.

Will von Dauster

Using a Leica since I was 13, too ...thanks to my late father, who
passed away this January 13. (Haven't felt like posting for a while)
I still have the IIc he bought new in Germany in 1950.

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] speculation)
Reply from stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius) ([Leica] speculation)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] speculation)