Subject: [Leica] speculation
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Feb 22 06:44:34 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 1:55 AM, pwerner@bluewin.ch wrote:

> Will,

> ...I have started using the DMR in May 2005 and am completely
> happy with the results. I can compare with both the Fuji S2 Pro and
> Canon DSLRs I had used before. The picture quality of the DMR
> is by far superior (dynamic range, color rendition) to both
> Fuji and Canon.

Indeed. I do wonder how much of that difference is using superior
Leica glass?

> Do not go by the paper specs, look at the results. The full-frame
> sensor,
> at least in its present status, is not that good with wide-angle
> lenses
> and I doubt that the dynamic range and color rendition equal the
> results with the Leica gear.

Perhaps. I agree that my friends results with his DMR are superior to
those I get from my 20D, and better than he was getting from Leica
glass on his old 10D. But I don't think Canon is standing still on
the development front either.

We'll see what the DM looks like, hopefully soon! I would love to go
back to M shooting...

Will von Dauster