Subject: [Leica] New Orleans
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Thu Feb 23 15:08:23 2006

This evening. on the Dutch television news, there was about two
minutes devoted to NO, six months later. Reportedly, the 100 billion
($/??) that has been earmarked by the US government for help has ?
not been touched. The black community wants back to its roots, but,
as somebody said, they're all over the place. So, what's going to
happen?

A week or so ago, I spend some hours Googling at satellite pictures
of the area. Brutally, it would seem that the best answer is to
bulldozer all the wrecked areas towards the sea, to form part of new
barriers against the following incursion. But, before that's done,
they need to know how, where and at what cost. Who has the best
experience ............... and is, should be or has been consulted,
the Nederlanders.

Not a joke, if the city is to be returned to its old self, then first
it must be purged of the disaster areas. Then, maybe, the community
(official and populus) may work together to decide what replaces it
all: copies of the past, adaptions to the modern, super-
modern .................. but really to let those who were evicted
return to a new "home".

Easy to say, particularly afar ............. but at least we give it
some thought, unlike others ............. it would appear.

B.