Subject: [Leica] speculation
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Thu Feb 23 15:09:35 2006

Frank- it is acting up. After about 20-30 shots- it freezes up. I know
that there is a lag to catch up with writing to the memory card or
whatever, but you cannot use the camera for a while. Not good it you
want to shoot a sequence- as at a wedding. Also - my exposures are
coming up too light. Also- i think the motor drive is too noisy. Also-
the number of exposure you can make with a battery charge are not
great. Maybe the battery needs to be replaced? The Leica rep here in LA
said to send it in. He tried it along with the unit he had at Leica
Days at Samy's Venice last weekend,  and said - "send it in". It is
mounted on my R9- which is a year old. I installed the DMrR on the
camera when I got it- about Dec. 5, 2005, and the DMR has not been off
the camera. I hope to send it in for service tommorrow. Stasys