Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander-Cosina wide lenses
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Feb 25 15:54:12 2006

Scott McLoughlin writes in part:

> In any case, I sprang for a used 28/2 in the 28mm focal
> length, for me much less of a "boutique" focal length vs. the
> 21mm FL. Very happy with this lens, although even used, I
> sometimes ponder about having  so much coin tied up in one
> lens :-|

Scott,

I made a point on one road trip a fews years back of only bringing along one
M6 and my 35 summicron and VC 21/4 lens. I found myself using the 21 as much
if not more than the 35.

Today, I consider the 21 (VC in LTM, Zeiss in M mount) as an important part
of my street, city and landscape arsenal and the single focal lenght lens I
use the most. If you make an effort to photograph with it (not portraits)
you will find it is not a "boutique" lens but an important part of a camera
system.

It also, like the VC 12/5.6 is a great way of learning the importance of
keeping your camera perfectly level when using it. I still use a level with
both the 12 and 21 lenses but I only really need it for the 12.

Here is an example of results you can get with the VC 12/5.6.

see: http://www.leica-gallery.net/gjl-1/image-91538.html

Tom Abrahamsson, Rapidwinder Master at Work!

Regards,

Greg