Subject: [Leica] Back to Leica R lenses- instead of Panasonic lust
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sun Feb 26 18:46:01 2006

Hi All- In the current (March/April 2006) issue of "Photo Techniques"
magazine there is a comparison of 3 dig SLR cameras. What caught my
interest was the comparison  of Leica R lenses vs. Canon L lenses on
the Canon EOS 1Ds MKII via an adapter. The Leica lens shines in a
number of quality issues: sharpness, less lens aberrations, greater
contrast, higher color saturation, color accuracy, bokeh, and a more
pleasing
"look" of the print off an Epson printer. I had read that several
Luggers are using this combo- with great results. I was going to try
this on a Canon 5D- but my 19mm F2.8 R lens had an interference
problem- so I quit trying. The 5D wasn't mine, and I didn't have other
lenses with me. A photographer in LA just told me yesterday that they
switched from Hasselblad ( sold 3 systems for $3600) to Canon digital-
and I mentioned that some photogs were using the Leica lenses via
adapter- and lo and behold- there is a comparison written up. You can
read the end of the article at the newstand in a few minutes without
buying the mag. Stasys

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Back to Leica R lenses- instead of Panasonic lust)