Subject: [Leica] Runic Delta
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 26 18:48:04 2006

Richard showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Runic Delta
>> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/022506/crop0016.jpg
and
>> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/022506/crop0015.jpg

Hi Richard,
Sorry I meant to answer your first post earlier and ran out of time.

As often as I tell others to "shoot from the shadow side" many think I mean
only when photographing people. Which isn't the case at all as you've
beautifully shown in these frames.

Your camera position is "on the shadow side" therefore the light is creating
far more detail and form lines to the delta sands due to those shadows that
otherwise wouldn't be seen if you were shooting with the sun coming from
your back.

This is an excellent illustration of what I mean and it's learning to see
light in this fashion then shooting with it to increase depth, form, shape
and all kinds of details in many situations otherwise not seen when the
light is shining flat on the subject.

The truth is some folks see this light situation not knowing they're making
use of it until some one says...."Oh you shoot from the shadow side!" ....
or "your pictures look like you always shoot from the "dark side!" ;-)

Now you know and obviously reacted to the light and shadows very well. :-)

ted

Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Runic Delta)