Subject: [Leica] OT: Bubbles in the Rear Element of 1940' - 1950's Lenses
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Feb 26 19:15:13 2006

At 06:29 PM 2/26/06 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:
>> which us normal darkroom guys can measure. They are simply a mark of
>> optical excellence.<<<<
>
>Hey Marc,
>Thank you mon ami!
>
>Your post confirmed I can still remember things from my long lost past
>photo
>life. You made my day! :-) Thank you.
>
>Sometimes the simplest of things can bring the greatest of pleasure. :-)

Ted

On the issue of bubbles in the glass, I recall your comments about that
year you spent as an apprentice to the druid seer on the Rhine, back before
Julius Caesar busted up the place.  Wasn't his name Ernestus Leitzus?  Or
would it have been Maximus Barnackus?  Refresh my mind!  Wasn't that right
after they had brought out the Leica IIIc?  Or did that come out during the
reign of Nero?  My copy of Tacitus is upstairs and I cannot readily access
it right now.

You truly have seen it all, and we can only sit at wonder at your feet to
feel the twinges of the ages on us!

And, yes, <he grins>.  Ted is aged but not old:  he might well have sported
his kilt when Caractacus fought the Romans but, hey, to this Eternal Man,
that was only yesterday.  We may only sit in admiration at a lifetime that
has run from the days of the Cave Man to the present.

After all, it is an honor to know him.

And, Ted, tell us, after all these years:  just how DID you kill those Dire
Bears?  Is it true that you blinded them with flash bulbs before killing
them with your snickersnee?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!