Subject: [Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Feb 27 11:57:55 2006

That ain't nuthin ...

About the same thing happened to my father.

Only his mother ran into the kitchen, grabbed her 16 guage
(single-shot) from the late 1800's (we're talking about the 40'ies
here), loaded it and shot the fox that was eating up the chickens.

So far, fairly normal.

Really pissed my father off that the local newspaper had so little to
print that week that they featured her on the front page of Thursday's
issue (The Greenville Advocate only came out on Tuesdays and
Thursdays).

Not very cool for a teenage boy, living out in the sticks, trying to
make an impression on the townie girls.

Daniel