Subject: [Leica] more gun portraits (let me know if you get tired of this)
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Mon Feb 27 18:56:17 2006

Kyle -

It's great stuff . .  a little disturbing in some of the shots, and a
surplus of shots in some cases, so some editing will be necessary later . .
but please keep 'em coming.

I'd also like to echo Mark's comment about tuning in to the SASS scene, both
at the shoot, and perhaps one-on-one with the folks who participate.

Personally, I think if you get into the SASS scene, you'll meet a bunch of
folks trying to keep the American ethos and mythology of the 1800's alive,
through re-enactment and lifestyle, but a friendlier bunch you'll never
meet!

Alas, they will not fit into the type of shots you have been doing here,
these have a tone to them that exposes a bit of a dark side, and that is
going to be hard to find in the SASS community, although you may find a few
folks who are very set in their opinions, and a little sudden if you get
cross wise with them.

Best of light,
Norm

AKA Shadow Catcher, SASS since the mid '90's.