Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 7: winter trek begins
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Feb 28 12:18:52 2006

Hi Dick,

Thanks for looking and for the suggestions. The reason why the Dutch
head south in the winter is that many of them like to ski, and the
Netherlands is flat as a pancake. The other reason is that while Dutch
winters look like the first image of my PAW, winters in the Alps mean
snow, sun, blue sky and apres-ski. In the summer the Dutch weather is
pretty much the same as in the winter, except that it is a bit
warmer--hence the migration to Spain etc.

As for the dates, last week was the school holiday in the northern half
of the Netherlands--that is why we went when we went. This week we are
back at school/work, while the folks in the southern half of the country
get to escape to Austria or Switzerland.

Nathan