Subject: [Leica] Photographers Formulary Rapid Fix
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Mar 1 08:13:13 2006

I made the mistake of buying and using Photographers Formulary Rapid Fix. It
comes in a quart bottle and is very turbid. I mixed it with water using the
directions on the bottle, and the resulting solution was still very turbid.
It worked fine as a fixer, but even after 30 minutes of running water rinse
in a Paterson tank, the 4 rolls of Tri-X are completely speckled with
whatever undissolved chemical was making the fix turbid. Fortunately, the
Polaroid dust filter wipes out 90% of it, as the specks are very, very
small.

Anyone have this happen? I'm tempted to pour the rest of the bottle down the
commode.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com