Subject: [Leica] Spooky church
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Mar 2 18:39:25 2006

Adam, the 'problem' with this image came from using the internal
metering with an M6.  Clearly the lens sucks in light from all over
the place and its very difficult to get an accurate reading from a
balanced part of the scene.  I don't have an incident meter (should
get one I think) so these days I either go by dead reckoning, or put
on a 50 or 90 and meter with that.  I've even carried a second body
with a 50 Summicron just to do metering for my 21.

In particular, I think too much light came in from the driveway,
leading to the underexposure.  But, this is one image that still has
appeal despite the mistake (IMO).  One day I'll go back and get a
properly exposed image.

Rick.