Subject: [Leica] was Rapid Fix now distilled water
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Mar 4 09:45:19 2006

this is a generic model that distills through steam condensation.
it works slowly and a bit noisily, but well.  i bought one a couple
of years ago (i think from this guy, but thru his website) that looks
like this one.  you pour in a gallon into
the main body (the white part) which heats the water, the top
finned part contains a fan and consending coils which drips condensed
water down into the carbon filter and into the collection container.
you start it off at night (in the basement) and in the morning you have
a gallon of distilled.  $80 is a good price, from my recollection
when looking for one.

-rei