Subject: [Leica] fourthirds news from Leica
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Mar 6 13:13:34 2006

New lens, with 4/3 mount, see http://tinyurl.com/j3gt5

>2.  Can R lenses be adapted to fit this new camera/standard?

Yes with adapter. No autofocus, manual stop down exposure only. Adapters
available at Cameraquest.

>3.  If so, can I assume they will function in the same manner as a Leica
>R lens on a Canon digital?  (stop-down metering).

See above.

>4. Sounds like the imaage stabilization is built into the lens rather
>than the body.

Yes the ois is in the lens.

>Is this correct about the Panasonic/Leica DSLR's?

It's not in the dslr but in the lens. afaik only the Konica-Minolta DSLR's
had an image stabilization system in the body (good idea, let's hope this
patent wil not be buried)

>And does Olympus have this feature?

No the Oly lenses actually do not have any image stabilization system.
Didier