Subject: [Leica] Re: Olympus E-500
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Mar 8 11:15:27 2006

Office Max and a few other stores have been advertizing an Olympus E-500
camera kit with two lenses for $799. These are offered as a "special
purchase", the usual code words for a discontinued item. Most of the
comments on the subject of 4/3 cameras have been focused on the E-330 and
E-300 as well as the unavailable Panasonics. DPReview stated that the E-500
was a better camera than the E-300.

I've never owned a DSLR before. All I have is an early Digilux and a Canon
D500, both very pocketable P&S cameras. Is the Olympus kit a good deal?
Opinions?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Olympus E-500)