Subject: [Leica] Saturday Dog (Now: Color Adjustment in PS CS2)
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Thu Mar 9 16:29:59 2006

Bob:

>I wonder if it was because the dog was photographed in
>the shade and the color there tended toward the bluer part of the spectrum.

I'm not sure if that's it or not.  I had an image where the highlights were
blown.  Past recovery.  So I tried using the history brush with screen mode.
Ended up with blue fringes.  This was in direct sunlight.  No shade.  On
pink fingers.  White with blue edges.  I'm guessing it's trying to create
something from nothing where there isn't any real detail in the highlights,
or the only detail might be in the blue channel.  Dunno for sure.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/