Subject: [Leica] Couple of E-330 shots -- Naming the Leicapus - Olyca?
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Mar 9 22:24:26 2006

B.D.  Apart from George's reasons, I can think of two more: f/2 and f/1.4.

That 14-54 really comes into its own on the E-330.  And the camera gives a
nice look in monochrome, kind of a triple-cross between Tri-X, BW400CN and
black-and-white TV.  I like it.

When I first got my 14-54, I thought it was a little soft. Until I realized
that the E-1's combination of 5 MP and a strong anti-alias filter tend to
smooth texture in hair that isn't right next to the lens.   No such issues
with the E-330.  It is truly a breakthrough camera in the lower-light image
quality as well as the live view and tilting LCD.  That sensor is making
4/3 look a whole lot more interesting and promising.

I wish I could transplant that sensor into my E-1.  Maybe something like
that is next. . .

--Peter