Subject: [Leica] CS2 opening NEF files?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Mar 12 15:41:40 2006

> Stupid question, but why would you want to save images in a propriatary
> format?  A RAW format like DNG which is an open standard I could understand
> as it is a way to store the information in a manner that allows changing
> your mind without the file sizes of a fully layered image.

I don't. I just want to get the files into DNG with as little loss as
possible and keep the 14-bit pixel depth that the scanner can produce. I
thought that
Tri X --> LS4000 -> NEF --> DNG --> Hard drive
would be the best path, but I'm settling for
Tri X --> LS4000 -> TIFF --> PSD --> Hard drive
(I can't see any reason to save something as a DNG if it's passed through
being a TIFF)

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] CS2 opening NEF files?)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] CS2 opening NEF files?)