Subject: [Leica] Re: Brill Windmill
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Mon Mar 13 11:34:46 2006

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> Interesting photo,

Thank you.  I try to approach this well known
mill from a different point of view.  Maybe it
works, maybe not.  But at least it is my own
viewpoint.

http://www.ruralhistory.org/interface/public/countryside/landbuild/landbuild_mills.html
> Douglas

That's an interesting link, thank you.  Most of
the remaining post mills now have a brick "room"
at ground level to protect the post from the
elements.  Some of those mills can still turn to
face the wind, but not this one.

I have posted two more shots, one can be compared
to the one you linked to.

Thank you again for your comments - it is good to
receive comments from people whose own work I
greatly respect.

Colin

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/