Subject: [Leica] Aerial Photography
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Mar 15 09:44:10 2006

Jim wrote:

>>For low altitude aerial photography, using radio controlled model
airplanes is an option.  In fact, a model airplane can get shots that
alot of full scale airplanes could never attempt.<<

A few years back a real estate developer friend of mine has some
gorgeous mural sized aerial shots of a big development project. I
assumed they were taken from an airplane. I asked if he'd been on the
fly over. He said the photographer had used balloons to elevate a camera
(to quite a height).

This was all PDP (i.e. "pre digital photography", before WiFi enabled
cameras and remote LCDs were an option). I looked into it and as I
recall it was all cutting edge stuff with radio controls, much like
model airplanes. I'm sure it would be easier -- and even less costly --
with current technology.

DaveR