Subject: [Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat Mar 18 00:39:44 2006

Nathan, the plant at Volklingen is a Unesco world heritage site and may be
the one you are thinking of.

The videos showed what working there was like, in particular I remember the
film of the coking plant. Men with long rakes were raking out the freshly
produced coke which burst into flames when it came into contact with air.
And the tapping of the furnaces - hell on earth.

Steve