Subject: [Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Sat Mar 18 09:02:11 2006

I got a job milking cows the summer after my HS graduation. It took away
any reservations I might have had about delaying college. It wasn't that
the work was so strenuous. It's that you couldn't get a full night's
sleep between shifts, which was roughly 4-10 am and 3-9 pm. I learned to
grabbed sleep when I could get it. Falling asleep at the drop of a hat
is an acquired skill that still comes in handy today.

DaveR

Nathan wrote:

>> No kidding. In the summer of 1979, after graduating from high school
in
Denmark, I had a summer job at a brickyard to raise some money for my
gap year, which I was going to spend in the US (that is when I met the
girl who later became my wife and that is why I ended up moving there).
In any event, if I had any doubts about going to college, those 6 weeks
working in that kind of environment erased any lingering doubts.<<

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works)