Subject: [Leica] Olympus DSLR
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Mar 18 20:13:09 2006

Greg,
The reason that analogy doesn't work for me is that the 1930's involved two
of the leading industrial states in the world; Germany and Japan.  Both
countries had immense industrial and scientific capabilities.  If China sits
out then the Islamofacists do not have the industrial capability to engage
in that level of destruction.  What is not apparent today is the level of
destructive capacity that the western world can bring to bear if brought to
the point of self preservation.

The insurgent approach to change only works if the opponent is self
restrained.  There is little insurgent activity in Syria because everyone
knows that the leadership has no qualms about leveling an entire city and
killing every man, woman, and child.  Iraq under Saddam had relatively
little insurgent activity because Saddam had no qualms about doing the same
either individually or to groups.  Currently the western world could not see
itself doing such barbaric acts.  Under the proper provocation, the
parameters of engagement would change.

This however has become fodder for the other forum so I will cease here.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com