Subject: [Leica] Latest Lympa Log - Leica and Olympus E-330
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 19 08:02:38 2006

B. D. Colen offered openly:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Latest Lympa Log - Leica and Olympus E-330

> Thanks, Steve - and as any 'old timers' know, I was quite free with that
> stick - simply because he wouldn't reveal his ties to Leica. I don't care
> who has what conflicts of interest, as long as they make them crystal
> clear
> so that we can consider them when judging what's written.
>
> So, incase anyone's been on Venus for the past three years, let me state
> once again -
> I am a member of the Olympus "Visionary" group - along with Alex Majoli,
> Eli
> Reed, Joel Meyerowitz, and a number of other photographers - and as such
> receive free digital equipment from Olympus. In return, I have agreed that
> will not "endorse" any other manufacturer's digital equipment, but I have
> not agreed - and never would agree - to say anything about the Olympus
> equipment that I do not believe to be true.

Plus a whole bunch more.....................

Well said B.D. as you've been up front with the Olympus connection always,
where others tried to be secrative of their connections to manufacturers.

I'd much rather have a fellow photographer do an "honest appraisal" than one
writing for a magazine where they make the item all whipped cream and oh so
sweet. So they make sure their connection for equipment continues.

And because they've not been honest in the published comments they're
screwing fellow photographers.

ted