Subject: [Leica] Lets start a Leica equipment discussion
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Mar 21 16:09:46 2006

Very well put, Adam. I've always felt that what makes the LUG special is
not Leicas, but Community. Sure, it's a community of people to whom the
name Leica has a special meaning. But far more important is that it's a
place where more than 1000 people, from most of the continents of the
earth, have come together and, despite regular tifs, despite wildly varied
political, religious, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds have at worst
co-existed, and at best formed life-long friendships. And that - Thank you,
Brian! - is truly amazing. I have often commented to people that the media
have missed the real story of the internet, because the real story is the
countless communities like the LUG and the human connections that have been
formed through those communities.

New Age Babble Over!
B. D.
___