Subject: [Leica] my 2 cents on the Capa ?
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Mar 24 06:48:37 2006

I promised myself to avoid this issue, at least for a while, but it is
starting to remind me of falling off a diet.  To /say *we'll never know
*/strikes me as completely defeatist. There are those who already do
know. One of these days many of us will join that group.

The world is full of myths, legends, superstitions and a host of
convoluted  BS stories dating back to prehistory. (Pandora's box is a
good example) Living in a time when  powerful governments are almost
"powerless" to keep the masses ignorant makes me feel quite fortunate.It
is no longer feasible to burn serfs at the stake for questioning
"facts". Of course, the Capa situation is not an event which molds
thinking or brings masses to action. It is just one small example (to
me) of how little credibility exists save what we carry with us.

Harvey certainly went straight to the heart of the matter in his second
paragraph. It summed up the situation better than all our bickering and
give and take nonsense  lasting the previous two or three days. His
evaluation of the  Capa situation was priceless. It was almost as if He
and Capa had been sitting down over a scotch and Paul got the true story.

There are still quite a few events needing better explanations than what
has become the flavors of the day. Who really shot JFK, How does a
virgin end up pregnant, Did Jesus really came back from the dead, are
there aliens among us,*/ is B.D. one of them?   /*
*/
/*Walt