Subject: [Leica] new to DMR
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Mar 24 18:21:31 2006

Doug,
First, go to the local store and buy at least a Gig of memory.  You can get
the really fast cards by mail from various sources known and loved by the
LUG but the key is to start pressing the shutter, a lot.

Next, turn the menu to DNG.  Do not get in the habit of shooting JPEGs.  Get
really cozy with CS2 and Bridge.  You will love the ability to find detail
in shadows and to tame highlights.  One possibility is shooting at 400
underexposed one stop; the quality will amaze you.  You know that many on
the LUG have been before you and can provide help.

Charge up the battery, and go to your favorite bird hang out and knock off
fifty of sixty frames, you don't have to rewind and reload.

Jump on in, the electrons are just fine.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com