Subject: [Leica] Re:Tilly hats
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Mar 25 07:19:00 2006

Agreed.....great hat. I bought mine in Victoria, BC about a dozen years ago..
But....before there was the Tilley....there was the Filson "Original Tin"
hat....The Ultimate in doofusness....I love them both..

http://www.rutabaga.com/product.asp?pid=1004368

"They are as essentially indestructible as Ms - well, more so actually, in
that you can run them over, drop them from serious heights, run them through
the washer, etc. etc. - repel down-pours, and do everything a utility hat
needs to and more. However, no matter how I shape the damn thing, no matter
how I wear it, I will have to admit I think it makes me, and anyone else who
wears one, look like a total doofus. More to the point, it makes anyone who
wears one, whatever their age or sex, look like a total OLD doofus with hair
growing out of his ears. "