Subject: [Leica] Re: British Pubs old and new
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Sat Mar 25 12:12:03 2006

Peter Dzwig wrote:

> Colin,
>
> I think The Green Dragon could do with a little
> less intense tinting, but
> otherwise it's great. How does it look in
> straight B&W?

Peter,

Thank you for your comments.  The Green Dragon
image is unedited minilab scan from an Ilford XP2
Super negative.  I have removed the tint and
reposted:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album385/CNV00008a

Do you like it better?

> Not so sure abouot the Cardiff one though, but
> very unusual. How long do you
> think it will last. As long as the other?

The new Cardiff pub/restaurant is built on the
back of an old building.  It is a big contrast in
style of architecture.  I like modern
architecture, and I photograph a lot of it.

But it won't last as long, I think, because the
old architecture is better loved and respected
and will be maintained with greater care.

Peter, thank you again for your comments.

Colin