Subject: [Leica] About the Noctilux
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Mar 26 00:00:34 2006

Feli:  Right you are on that.  The problem with the built-in meter is that
you have to learn to ignore it in high-contrast situations.  I used  to
keep a little Minolta Spot Meter M in my bag and use it to "scope out" the
territory.  Then put it away and shoot.  An incident meter in similar light
to the desired subject's is just as useful most of the time.

Post 9/11, I've been afraid to carry the spot meter with me on airplanes,
and even to use it much in public.  It is of the pistol-grip variety, and
I'm afraid that some idiot will mistake it for a gun.  Am I being paranoid?

--Peter