Subject: [Leica] Adapting Leica M lenses to Leica R (?)
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Mar 26 18:00:52 2006

No.  The 90 head and the 135 heads are better bets.... and I am not sure
even then that it would work at 10 feet.......

Does anyone have a Pickett or K+E slide rule that can calculate the focus
range a 90mm lens head on a R body ?

Or better yet, someone will probably be able to look it up in some Leica Lit
of the 70's or 80's period.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Anyone had experience with or know of lens adapters that will put a Leica M
lens on an R camera mount? I know that such a combination puts the M lens
too far from the body to focus on infinity - sort of like adding an
extension tube to the M lens. But would a 35 or 50mm M lens focus close
enough - say down to ten feet - to be of use for some situations?
Gary T