Subject: [Leica] Re: b&w infrared images from Epson R-D1
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Mar 27 11:59:33 2006

>It sure comes close to real infrared, but the grain makes it a bit strange.
>Would keeping the ISO down and shooting from a tripod help?
>I like the 3d and 4th the most.
>Thanks for showing,

Philippe --

Thanks for your feedback.

Enhanced grain is part of IR images made my Kodak HIE film. So graininess is
not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

But I will do some more testing at a lower ISO and on a tripod or monopod as
necessary.

I shot a lot of HIE with my Xpan and it was always on a monopod.

I'll take and post more images some time soon when conditions are right --
the sun is hiding itself right now here in Austin, Texas...

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 3/27/2006