Subject: [Leica] tanner now...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 28 08:04:39 2006

Steve Barbour showed: Tanner going home.
Subject: Re: [Leica] tanner now...

>for those who have asked,  this boy is going home this week...
>couple of images taken over the last couple of days...(one new...)
>http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-92325.html
>http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-92459.html

Hi Steve,
Great !!!!!!!!!! The new one is even better than the first! Man "shooting
from the shadow side" with the light catching Tanner's eye nearest to camera
creates an amazing Rembrandt look. He just pops of the page.

If we put Tanner aside and look only at the light, both of these are great
examples of why learning and looking for "how to shoot from the shadow side"
whenever one can is such an asset. Once one begins to look for and at the
light in they're photographs regardless of subject, their photography look
will improve!

Simply because it creates an entirely different photograph than just plain
old fashion straight on flat light for nothing more than an exposure!

Light is the greatest asset we have in making our photographs look better,
it's what sorts out many of the great photographs of our time.
These are beautiful both in lighting and subject! Well done visually!
ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] tanner now...)
Message from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] tanner now...)