Subject: [Leica] Re: New Orleans photos--no\w Jeffery 50's
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue Mar 28 15:33:04 2006

I think I only need that 50/3.5 Elmar to have them all. ;-)

Once a person has a gaggle of 50's, he starts noticing subtle differences
between the 50's. Fortunately for me, the 50's are the cheapest and most
abundant lenses (except for the Nocti). I do find myself asking the question
"Which 50 would be right for what I'm doing today?". My first Leica 50 was a
50/1.5 Summarit, which is probably the cheapest Leica lens around. I see
them routinely on ebay and at web-stores for about $200.

Now, if my passion were 21's, I'd be in deep doo-doo financially.

My favorite 50? Still the 50/3.5 Heliar. But I think that a really clean
50/3.5 Elmar could give it a run for the money.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com