Subject: [Leica] Another 50 for the Jeffster
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Mar 30 14:04:22 2006

Hi Jefferey,

When I was 13 years old (many years ago) I've used the Contax of my father,
this camera had a Sonnar 50/1,5 and I remember it as a very nice lens, but
with much more contrast (but not strong) than a Leica lens or Elmar, it was
a sharp lens given very good detail, IMHO it is a very good lens. The Contax
of my father was unfortunately stolen, I've asked some week ago in a shop
for a similar Contax, I know the owner and he saids me that lens was lovely
but the Contax was in the mechanical sense a delicate camera... I don't know
on which other cameras can you adapt a Sonnar, if you know it, please let me
know, I have some nostalgia for that lens.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis