Subject: [Leica] I got me one, too...
From: bquinn at sgi.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Sat Apr 1 04:28:46 2006

Thanks Guys! I used Photoshop Elements to crop this image so that the
flowers would be tighter in the frame, and I used the sliders in the
adjust color menu to compress the dynamic range a little, and I boosted
the saturation by one click. It's pretty much how it looked, except that
those two adjustments got some of the gray out and punched it up a
notch. I tried boosting the colors, but it fell apart very quickly.

I took the picture with my Kodak DCS camera and a tamron 90mm Macro
lens. This combination really works for me. Kodak didn't do at all well
with the DCS. It was discontinued almost as soon as it was introduced.
It does give amazing colors, tough. The tamron macro lens is amazing. It
does a great job for the price. I shoot RAW and then make jpegs. In the
original the tiny hairs on the stem of the tulip are in razor sharp
focus.

Barney