Subject: [Leica] Compact Flash Card Trouble
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Apr 1 10:21:31 2006

I have a 2GB Lexar CF card that I use with my D70.  It has worked fine for
over a year but today after shooting about 200 JPEG's of my son's soccer
game, I put the card in the reader and my iMac would not recognize the card.
 I placed it back in the camera and got the message "You Can Not Use This
Card."  I tried to reformat the card (and obviously lose the images) but it
wouldn't let me do that either.  Just last night, I downloaded about 100
shots for another event and it worked fine.  I understand Lexar has a data
recovery program  for about $30...anyone ever used it?  Or...should I just
cut my losses and get another CF card?  It appears that the CF card is
corrupted but I'm not sure.  The card has worked flawlessly...two overseas
trips and thousands of images.....

Thanks,
Robert

Replies: Reply from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Compact Flash Card Trouble)